BBC IWONDER GUIDESBBC developed IWonder interactive guides in 2014. The guides "explore a range of factual and education topics from Science and Natural History, Arts, History, Religion and Ethics, Food and more."
They are colorful, interactive, and easy to read and often include short video and audio clips, infographics, and excellent written summaries.
The IWonder guides that deal with religion are terrific. For example, the guide, "Why do Buddhist meditate" includes a terrific video clip with host, Betttany Hughes, the British historian.
The guide on the Baha’i, "Can a religion accept other faiths," includes a clip with host, Rev. Peter Owen Jones, the English Anglican clergyman and author, and a great slideshow of important Baha’i sites. Here are IWonder guides that deal with religion.
- Hinduism: Why do Hindus celebrate god as a woman
- Buddhism: Why do Buddhist Meditate
- Buddhism: The Life of the Buddha: a Spiritual Journey
- Islam: Sunnis & Shias, What's the Difference
- Islam: Why do Millions Gather in Mecca every year?
- Islam: Ramadan 2015, What do I need to Know
- Christianity: Why didn't Christianity die out in the 1st century?
- Christianity: When is Easter?
- Christianity: How did St. Patrick become a global saint?
- Sikhism: The Gurus and warriors of the Sikh kingdom
- Sikhism: Could you be the next Sikh warrior
- Judaism: Why did ordinary people commit atrocities in the Holocaust
- Baha’i: CaCan a religion accept other faiths as true?
- General Religion: Are we wired to believe in a higher power?r